Thursday 3 July 2014

Paris Tips



Sleep:
This is a lovely hotel in Bastille; very airy and clean with decent size rooms (for Parisian standards). The staff is helpful and knowledgeable and the rooms are comfortable and feel so very fresh. There are also some great options for dining nearby. 


Eat:
Le Loir Dans La Theiere (3 Rue des Rosiers, 4e)
One of my absolute favourite Parisian places to eat, drink tea and chillax. It's conveniently located in Le Marais district so you can go there after all the shopping in little chi-chi boutiques.
Sure, this place has been "discovered" by now, but it's also popular with Parisians so the feeling is still authentic. Besides they make the best cakes. If you happen to visit Paris in autumn, make sure you try their chestnut cake. It's to die for. Despite of some negative online reviews regarding friendliness of this place, the staff IS friendly and helpful, but do not go in there barking orders in English. Even a smattering of French goes a very, very long way here.


 I wrote about this particular experience here, so I'm not going to repeat myself too much. All in all, go there once for the experience and return for take out cakes. And make sure you most definitely try their hot chocolates and Mont Blanc.

Shop:
I thought I knew my eclairs. In reality, I knew diddly squat. THESE are the ONLY eclairs you will ever need to eat. Ever. And once you start eating them, you won't be able to stop. They're not cheap, but they're worth their weight in gold. My only regret is that I didn't buy more, so make sure you ask for the biggest possible box. In fact, don't stop at just one box.



Kusmi tea can now be found in both the UK and the States, but Paris is where it all started. Hands down, the best teas you will ever have. Buy them loose and make sure you try more offbeat flavours such as Rose Green tea or Almond Green Tea.

Good place to stock up on chocolates, truffles, etc...
I still think UK's Hotel Chocolat is better, but these are not too shabby. Not too shabby at all.



4 comments:

Ivana said...

Divne preporuke :) Post koji se treba imati u pricuvi prilikom odlaska u carobni Pariz... bas si dusa :) Ovaj s tortama mi je posebno zapeo za oko :)

Unknown said...

Very well written review about the hotels!! I would love to go visit Europe one day but probably Italy first :)

Kristina said...

Thanks girls.

Maiken said...

I have no idea when and IF I'm going to see Paris with my own eyes but I loved that post and oh, thanks for making me hungry in the middle of the night! the food looks spectacular!

Maiken,
Maikeni blogi - part of me

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...